Falcon is lightweight high performance framework for building cloud api’s. Falcon is a minimalist WSGI library for building speedy web APIs and app backends. We like to think of Falcon as the Dieter Rams of web frameworks.
When it comes to building HTTP APIs, other frameworks weigh you down with tons of dependencies and unnecessary abstractions. Falcon cuts to the chase with a clean design that embraces HTTP and the REST architectural style.
Falcon tries to do as little as possible while remaining highly effective.
• Routes based on URI templates RFC
• REST-inspired mapping of URIs to resources
• Global, resource, and method hooks
• Idiomatic HTTP error responses
• Full Unicode support
• Intuitive request and response objects
• Works great with async libraries like gevent
• Minimal attack surface for writing secure APIs
• 100% code coverage with a comprehensive test suite
• Only depends on six and mimeparse
• Supports Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5
• Compatible with PyPy and Jython.